Princeton University Press has announced an agreement with WILDGuides (based out of the UK) that gives PUP the rights to the entire WILDGuide catalog and any future books. This is great news for those of us in North America. Princeton has already co-published several wonderful books with WILDGuides, including Nightjars of the World and Antarctic Wildlife: A Visitor’s Guide. But now they will have many other titles that were hard to come by here, such as Chris Gooddie’s The Jewel Hunter (naturally, I broke down and bought this book from an overseas dealer less than a day before I found out about this deal).
Some more books that will also be coming in 2012:
- The World’s Rarest Birds by Erik Hirschfeld, Andy Swash, and Rob Still
- Animals of the Masai Mara by Adam Scott Kennedy & Vicki Kennedy
- Birds of the Masai Mara by Adam Scott Kennedy
- A Field Guide to the Wildlife of South Georgia by Robert Burton & John Croxall
- A Visitor’s Guide to South Georgia, 2nd Ed. by Sally Poncet & Kim Crosbie
- Britain’s Hoverflies: An Introduction to the Hoverflies of Britain and Ireland by Stuart Ball & Roger Morris
- Britain’s Sea Mammals: Whales, Porpoises, Dolphins, and Seals and Where to Find Them by Jon Dunn, Rob Still & Hugh Harrop
Posted by Grant McCreary on April 12th, 2012.